Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme: DrugsDirect Global Limited
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 requires every public authority to have a publication scheme, approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), and to publish information covered by the scheme.
Those providing pharmaceutical services under contract to the NHS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland or by other arrangement with the public sector, for example services commissioned by local authorities, are public authorities specifically in respect of information relating to those services.
The ICO has confirmed that the pharmacy publication scheme is only for information held by a pharmacy business as a public authority and not for its wider business. For the purpose of this document therefore, the term “public authority” refers only to this particular aspect of the DrugsDirect Global Limited business.
Consequently, our publication scheme covers only information about the functions for which we are a public authority.
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 requirement for a publication scheme commits DrugsDirect Global Limited as follows:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public
- To publish any dataset held by the authority that has been requested, and any updated versions it holds, unless the authority is satisfied that it is not appropriate to do so; to publish the dataset, where reasonably practicable, in an electronic form that is capable of re-use; and, if any information in the dataset is a relevant copyright work and the public authority is the only owner, to make the information available for re-use under the terms of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015, if they apply, and otherwise under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act section 19. The term ‘dataset’ is defined in section 11(5) of the Freedom of Information Act. The term ‘relevant copyright work’ is defined in section 19(8) of that Act.
The method by which information published under this scheme will be made available
DrugsDirect Global Limited has listed below by class what information is covered by this scheme and how it can be obtained. Where we can we will provide the information on our website. Where it is impracticable to make information available on our website or when an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, we will provide access on request using the contact details provided.
Information held by DrugsDirect Global Limited that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing. Its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Classes of information
The ICO publication scheme template includes only information about pharmaceutical services under contract to the NHS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland or by other arrangement with the public sector about the functions for which we are a public authority.
DrugsDirect Global Limited uses the following classes of information as suggested by the ICO.
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
The services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
Please email your request to Shamema Ali, Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
or you can write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Unit 4, 12 Emery Road
When you ask us for information please try to be as clear as possible. This will help us understand your request and respond to you promptly. We might ask you for clarification if we are not sure what you are looking for. If we do hold the information, we will provide it unless we think it should be withheld for reasons covered by the exemptions in the legislation. For more information about why information may be withheld please read the ICO guidance referred to below.
Dealing with your request for official information
The purpose of the Publication scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by DrugsDirect for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum. Material which is published and accessed on a website will be provided free of charge. Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
Charges may also be made for making datasets (or parts of datasets) that are relevant copyright works available for re-use. These charges will be in accordance with the terms of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015, where they apply, or with regulations made under section 11B of the Freedom of Information Act or with other statutory powers of the public authority. If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Requests for personal data
You can also ask us for personal information we might hold about you. We will usually only hold information about you if you’ve dealt with us before.
We deal with these requests under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We respond to requests within 28 calendar days.
The GDPR also provides you with other rights relating to personal information that we hold about you. You can see more about these rights and how to make a request about them in the ICO guidance ‘Your data protection rights’ section of our privacy notice.
Unit 4, 12 Emery Road, Brislington, Bristol, BS4 5PF
M-F: 9am - 5pm
- GPhC Registered Owner ID: 1103603 & GPhC Registered Pharmacy Premises No: 1103604
- Superintendent Pharmacist: Shamema Ali - GPhC Registration No: 2053479
- Registration Number Under the Data Protection Act 1998: Z2327581